Flaxseed Hair Gel With Honey
How You Prepare It
- Add the flaxseeds to a pan of water over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir continuously and gently when the mixture starts to boil. Reduce the heat when the mixture turns thin and foamy.
- When the flaxseeds remain suspended in the mixture instead of sinking, turn off the heat and drain the mixture through the strainer into the bowl. (At this point – rinse your pot right away because if you try to clean it later it will be much harder to do.)
- Add honey and any essential oils such as ylang ylang or lavender, if you desire. I used orange blossom oil and it didn’t have the fragrance of a strong orange, but a more faint orange citrus, clean fragrance. I love it. At this point, add the olive oil or shea butter.
- Combine everything. Your gel should be about the consistency of thick egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a container. Your gel is now ready to use. You can store in the refrigerator to make your mixture last longer, or you can leave it out and make sure you use it up in about a week or two.
- Aren’t you proud of yourself? Congratulations, you just made your own hair gel and saved money, have a better natural product and you did it yourself.
The Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment”]
- Greek yogurt (2 cups)
- Baking soda (2 tbsp)
- Organic apple cider vinegar (2 tbsp)
- Raw coconut liquid aminos or liquid Soy aminos (2 tbsp)
- Raw honey (1/2 tbsp)
- Unsulfured molasses (1 tbsp)
- Half an over ripe plantain or banana
- Avocado (3/4 tbsp)
- 1 egg (optional, but I used it no problems
1. Blend the ingredients in your blender. This is important in preventing chunks getting stuck in your hair.
2. Saturate your dry (but detangled) hair completely from root to tip with the mixture.
3. Cover with a shower cap and let it sit for 1.5-2 hours.
4. Rinse out completely with warm/hot water.
5. Green House Effect (for deep conditioning overnight directly after rinsing out the treatment with botanical MHM approved conditioner).
Clear Skin Scrub
This homemade facial cleanser is specially designed for acne-prone skin, utilizing many healing and beneficial herbs. The herbal combination was selected for their antimicrobial, antiseptic, and soothing abilities.
French green clay is rich in minerals and its highly micronized state allows far more absorption of dirt, dust, oil, contaminants, and make up than any other clay. It helps to draw out impurities from the skin and brings fresh blood to damaged skin cells, helping to tighten and revitalize pores. It is excellent for clearing problem skin.
Oats are mucilaginous and gently healing to the skin. They soothe inflammations and provide a texture that is easy to spread on the face.
Amaranth has a bead-like texture, effective for gentle exfoliation.
Green clay 1 cup
Kaolin clay 1 cup
Organic oatmeal ½ cup
Amaranth ½ cup
A combination of the following herbs: thyme, spilanthes, sage, elder flowers, comfrey leaf 1 cup
To make follow the directions above 🙂
You can find ingredients for all of these recipes here.